Saturday, August 25, 2012

ROMP Tour day 22-24 "Untitiled"

I'm quite eager to get the title for Miss Perception.  As of right now, I'm still without and therefore Untitled.
I know that Deb and Denny would like me to stay but I really need to get on my way home.  It's been 24 days now and that' s a long time to be away from home when the original plan was about 14 days.

I have a real aversion to responsibility (for living things) these days and I was able to give away all my plants before I left and I don't have any pets, well except for about 500 red wriggler worms that are my indoor composting system.  They're typically ok to be unfed for a couple of weeks and I did leave them with a healthy helping of food before I left but the last thing I want to do is kill the worms.  I've now made some arrangements for getting them fed, thanks Love72, you'll be the happy recipient of the compost when it done too!!  This is where "footloose and fancy free" meets worms. 

Yesterday I headed out to get my propane tanks filled.  There are a couple of stickers on Miss Perception that say things like "Propane tanks should only be filled to 80% of their capacity" and that really bad things could happen if I didn't heed that warning. Note taken! So I disconnected my tanks, put them in and my car (Ella) and headed off to find propane.  Right down the highway was a sign for propane, $2.05.  I have no clue what the measurement is, likely gallon?  It's a fill-first-pay-later setup and thankfully it's not me filling it up.  Juan was my propane tour guide.  A young, kind Hispanic chap who's lived in Fort Bragg for 7 years.  We chatted a bit, he started to fill the first tank and I mention this 80% capacity thing to him, he sort of looks at me and then I'm thinking I didn't make myself clear or there was some type of language barrier but he hesitates for a moment and then says "that's the way all the tanks are filled".  Bahaha !!  I thanked him and told him about Miss Perception and how I'm kind of new to all this, he was very kind and smiled and then asked who I was traveling with (I didn't bother to mention Ella and GyPSy because outside the confines of this blog I would otherwise be quickly outfitted with a small, tight-fitting white jacket with exceptionally  long cuffs), so I told him "alone", he was quite surprised.  "From Canada, Alone?"  He reminded me of the border agents who always question me when I cross the border and say I'm going to California, they are quite put out by a woman going on a road trip by herself, good for them.  So Juan filled my tanks and after picking up some all-important rations (ice-cream and wine) and the store I headed back home for the reconnection and re-assembly.  


I was happy to have full tanks, it's fairly cold here at night (45F or 7C) so it's nice to have some heat running during the night and especially, especially nice to wake up and turn the heat up a bit before getting out of bed.  The thermostat is right on the wall by my bed, so I just need to reach up.  Everything is so handy in Miss Perception, the lights, the windows, the fans... everything is is handy in such a small footprint. 

Here are a couple of "reflections" on my evenings here, the sunsets are gorgeous and it's fun to see them through Miss Perception's eyes (or windows as the case may be).  There is a small moon just under the "I" as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment