Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Girl Interrupted - Please Stand by

While I was away my mom was nice enough to collect my mail for me.  Actually she collected it yesterday even after I've gotten home which was very nice because I hadn't had a chance to get over to the Post Office. 

I was quite surprised to see a letter from the California DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles).  Was this my title? 

All I have to say is "it's the DMV".  There was a title in the envelope, but the old title.  Grrrr still no closer.

So I have an "incomplete application" just because they say I owe them more money.  When Ed and I were at the DMV the lady gave us all the forms to fill out and said I would need to pay $15.  I got a money order from the local Post Office, filled everything out and couriered it to the DMV.  (queue the wrong-answer buzzer)  Apparently another $15 is needed to process the paperwork.  Not a big deal, I don't care about the money side of things, just a waste of time for everyone. 

I"ll send the extra money and send all the paperwork back and then just cross my fingers and see what happens.  I had filled out paperwork for the DMV to send the title to Deb's place since I was hoping to meet the paperwork there on my way back up the coast.  I'm not changing anything.  I'm just leaving everything as it is and resubmitting, between Deb and I one of us will get the title at some point.

I was at the DMV originally on August 7th and now on August 28th the update comes that the application is incomplete.  So I guess, if I'm really really lucky and send in a complete application and the remaining fees that maybe, just maybe I could get the title in time for my late September trip. 

I'll be writing them a cheque and getting this posted today.  Go little title go !!

1 comment:

  1. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! !%!#$!@#$!@ DMV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete