Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 15 & 16:Stationary ROMP with Naked Ladies

It's great to start something on the first of a month, so much easier to track.  It was happenstance that I was started the ROMP Tour on August 1st but it's made tracking the Tour dates pretty easy.

Miss Perception and I are stationary these days.  She has her jacks down and is fairly level while I spend my days working in Fort Bragg at the D&D B&B (the Deb and Denny Bed and Breakfast). I've got a lovely perch up in the suite above the garage where it's quiet and spacious to work.  Meals happen in the main house and sleeping is a  nightly pajama party with Miss Perception.  GyPSy's with us too, she's hibernating for now.  Hopefully we get Ella back tomorrow in exchange for a quick swipe on my credit card and a slight decrease in my financial net worth.  Well worth it to me, I need Ella in tip top shape !!

Last night Deb and I finally got to see the video that the previous owners had included with the purchase.  They had let Ed know when he picked it up that it was a 1 hour tutorial of the Airstream guy going through the entire trailer, every functionality etc.  The first hurdle we had to overcome was getting this video to play, we almost had it but then it messed up again so we decided to upload it to YouTube.  (When it doubt let YouTube figure it out).  Success !! High fives all around.  Deb and I were quite excited and shaking off the exhaustion of a long workday as we settled into watching the video on her laptop.  A friend dropped by about 5 minutes into the video so we paused it and when we resumed it, about a minute later the video cut to a big birthday cake that says "Happy 60th Birthday Bob" and a Mexican band playing under a blue Easy-Up in someones back yard in southern California.  ??  After a couple of confusing looks and a good laugh Deb and I decided to head out to Miss Perception and see what we could figure out.

We got into the propane gas tanks, took off the big silver cover and turned on some gas, stove lit up like a charm (high five) and then the heater as well (another high five).  We played with the TV Antenna, we had learned on the video that it's integrated into the TV so I don't need a separate converter box to pick up local stations; that being said, Fort Bragg isn't known for it's countless local TV stations so I'll test my antenna reception when I hit a larger metropolis but we pressed buttons and changed channels, put up, turned around, and took down the antenna - all very easy (more high fives). 

In my Day 7 Post I was uber-pleased with my ability to find and replace a blown fuse... well that's been short-lived as Denny discovered last night it's more than a blown fuse, there's a short somewhere.  Sadly it happens to be on the fuse that is responsible for the water pump, the water heater and the systems info.  I have a work-around which is:  leave some water in the trailer, manual flush with a splash of water from the jug and look down the toilet once in a while to make sure the levels aren't too full.  I haven't had the need to shower in the trailer... well that's not really true, there was a need on Day 11 and Day 12... these were the harried days on the road in my last post.  I've gone longer without a shower but you do appreciate the refreshing feeling and odor removal that a shower lends.  I may get this short looked at before I leave Fort Bragg if not that's ok too. 

Last night there was this lovely sunset and Deb, Denny, about 25 or more Naked Ladies and I watched the sunset from the front yard.  Pictures rarely do sunsets justice, but here's an attempt. 

I still don't know when my departure date will be as I'm waiting on my title from DMV to show up.  Both Deb and Denny had big sly smiles on their faces this morning when they told me that some bad weather is coming with wind and thunderstorms, not traveling weather !!  I'm not making any plans right now, just taking things one at a time.  First I need to get Ella back, then the title and THEN we'll see when it makes sense to add some more miles to the ROMP Tour.

 





2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! How *happy* and "at home" the pretty "Miss P" looks here! (BIG grins!) There was a wonderful ukelele serenade last night by the ROMPer, too! What a wonderful visit we're having, even though we have to be working all day!

    D&D

    ReplyDelete