Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ROMP Tour Day 18-21 and STILL counting

Miss Perception has been STILL now for over a week.
While she provides a nice place to retreat to after a long day, I have still been able to get out and about while enjoying a nice home-base at Deb and Denny's.  Here's the new smoke detector, I know it's hard to tell the difference except that this one actually works properly.  Deb had to make a new hole in the mounting bracket for me so that it would match up with the existing holes in the ceiling, no need to make any new holes in the trailer (yet) unless absolutely necessary.

Friday night Deb and I went out to The Caspar Inn for a fun-filled night of the Chervona (which means Red in Russian).  What a talented bunch of musicians and oh what fun they are to listen to and dance to, and watch others dance to.  With songs like "These are the Days" and "Girlfriends are Pain" you couldn't help but smile and laugh and enjoy the music.

We've been able to enjoy a few beautiful sunsets close to the beach but...

My top 3 things I love about Fort Bragg:

1.  Deb and Denny top the list !!
2.  The rugged coast line
3.  Seeing the milky way (over and over again!!)

Deb and I went to MacKerricher State Park on the weekend for a lovely and relaxing stroll along the boardwalks.  There were seals lying about, swimming about and bobbing about too.  The Park offers wonderful vistas and although it was overcast with a marine layer, it was still just as lovely as could be.  (More Park pics at the end)

There have been quite a few wild-life spottings in the  yard, first it was a deer a couple of days ago, then last night there was a fox that I spotted out the kitchen window, I was quite excited but Denny was more interested in scaring him off.  Today was the most adorable thing, a big wild turkey and her 6-8 chicks.  Oh what a cutie.  Unfortunately there are no wildlife pictures but I figure the beach makes up for that.

Still sitting tight, working during the day and indulging at night with good food, good drink and good friends.  Not a bad way to have to "wait".  

Last night I turned on the fridge and this afternoon I put a small orange dish of water in the freezer to see if the freezer compartment would be supportive of future ice-cream and indeed I do believe it will be.  The freezer compartment is more than just an ice-cube tray slot so I'm quite excited about a hot summer day, a remote location and some ice-cream!!  

Little by little I'm reading the user manual and getting closer to figuring things out.  Here's something for all the smartie-pants out there, I thought I should take a picture of the hot water heater wiring diagram before it gets too old and weathered to read.













I'm loving Miss Perception more and more, we're enjoying our nights together and she's even had a little "transformation" in the dining room, which I've turned into a huge big "love fest" sofa.  Yay.  Deb and Denny came out tonight and we hung out together and I played my ukulele for them.  

4 comments:

  1. It makes me so happy to see you "living the dream" Juhli! Beautiful pictures. Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT! :)
    You look great btw!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Juhli, what beautiful photos of the boardwalk, beach and coastline. So dreamy. Good move with the big couch, it looks so comfy. We miss you, so the kids were happy to see the photos tonight. Lily really likes the cushions and all the orange and Max asked,"is that a magic bullet?" of previous kitchen shot. I laughed, everything is silver, where exactly did he see a magic bullet?!
    Hooray for ice cream potential!
    Xoxo Lise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny - thanks so much.
    Max - sadly no magic bullet (yet)!

    Everyone: Thanks for coming along on my journey, I wish I could put you all in my back pocket (or at least the Airstream) and have you come along !! I think there will be plenty of opportunties for this in the future!!

    ReplyDelete