Thursday, February 21, 2013

ROMP Tour - Layover Playover

I've been having a lovely time at the Capilano River RV Park in Vancouver.  On Monday morning the local  mountains were in gorgeous view with no low clouds.  Although I was about to leave for work, I went back inside and grabbed the camera.  Glad I did because I haven't seen those mountains since.

Tonight was my "Open House" and it was nice to get to share my dream with friends.

I did have some "early" guests that came Monday night.  Mike and Lynette were the first of my Vancouver friends to take a peek inside Miss Perception after we had a lovely dinner together.  Later that evening Dennis and Andrea dropped by and settled in with a bottle of wine and good long chats over all things that make good conversations around a kitchen table.  I'm glad that visits have been broken up over a few days because I've really enjoyed spending time and being able to have relaxing conversations in my Airstream with my friends.

Tonight started with Denise and Terry who brought a chicken dinner with coleslaw, potato salad, olives and mixed vegies - yum, yum, yum - and thank you.  I provided plates a knispork - KNife, SPoon, foRK combination, awkward but got the food from our plates into our mouths.  Note to self:  you really do need to find that bamboo cutlery this weekend!!

Betty brought a bouquet of blossoms.  Thank you Ms. Betty!  You looked beautiful in your bold red jacket and colourful scarf.  Betty found a springtime collection of red and white tulips surrounding a yellow/red tulip blend that was cradling a deep purple peony.  What a lovely punch of colour for the table.    Although the Airstream didn't have a vase, I found a silver coloured travel mug that did the trick.

Fiona treated me to a fabulous bottle of Prosecco - what a lovely housewarming idea.  It was bubbly, light, tasty and hard to stop drinking.  Great conversations ensued; laughter and getting to know things that I previously didn't know about Fiona.  What a great opportunity to learn about your passions too!  Thank you.

Bill and Karen brought chocolate - and not just any chocolate but two amazing selections from Denman Island Chocolate.  Cocoa Loco (Dark Chocolate) and Holy Mole (Dark Chocolate with Chipotle and a hint of Orange).  Karen was happy to share in some Prosecco with me so we tapped our plastic wine glasses and enjoyed a cozy chat filled with smiles and stories.

Thank you to everyone who came - I do appreciate the time you took out of your evening to pop in and say hello, take a look around and share my joy; it means a lot to me. 

Tonight was fantastic.  Everyone's timing was perfect, the trailer accomodated everyone and I had lots of time to visit and catch up with people before they had to leave.  At one point I even got about a 5 minute break. Played ukulele until the next knock on the door.   Perfect.

It's been "namesake weather" here in the Lower Rainland but it's still considered winter so it's expected.  Today we did get a break in the clouds and a few bright rays of sunshine towards the end of the day.  I threw open the curtains and let the light come in.  I actually worked from "home" today so thanks to free wifi and my cellphone I was ready for work bright and early and able to work until moments before my guests started showing up this evening. 

Here's a reflective picture with the bathroom window providing the perfect canvas to capture the bit of light that brightened our day. 

I've extended my stay here at the park, I'll be staying until Sunday morning when I'll be checking out and heading back up to Powell River.  I've had a very social time during my stay, every evening has been full of good friends, good food, drinks and great conversations.  I have a few errands I'd like to still run in the "big city" before I head home so they will have to happen Saturday. 

Today I turned on the hot water heater with mixed results.  Some hot water, but not much, followed by cold.  There was some air in the lines but it seems to have cleared now with still sporadic results.  I haven't had any free time to tinker and read and figure things out fully so I'm not terribly worried.  I use the facilities here to shower each morning so it has little impact on me.  Otherwise everything works perfectly and is in great shape. 

As I've learned through my journey on the ROMP tour, sometimes there's nothing wrong, it's just me that's missing something rather obvious.  I'm learning - and living in comfort during the process. 

3 comments:

  1. How fabulous are you... the Spoon/Fork/Knife thing was just fine!! We truly enjoyed our visit hun and are SO proud of you and Little Miss. Betty - it was nice meeting you ... and i agree, that scarf was amazing!

    XOOX It was a great time - thank you so much for inviting us!!

    Denise & Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-ho, Juhli!!!! I'm really, really enjoying reading your latest ROMP updates!!!! What a happy time you are having living your Airstream dream! Sounds like you and the little Miss are doing wonderfully!!!!! I have a BIG GRIN on my face thinking of you two happily living/working right now in Vancouver!!!!!!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, miss you !!
      I'm hoping to add some delightful entries from my hometown soon too. It has been a treat and I feel very fortunate to be living this dream.

      Delete