Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ROMP Tour - Final Countdown

A few days ago I got the Title for Miss Perception in the mail
Yipee, happy dance !!
Finally.

There were 3 rejections that took over 6 months of back/forth with the DMV but that's all in the past now.  I have my Title.  I find the California Title pretty so I had to take a picture for posterity (with a bit of photoshop) as I'll be leaving it at the border during the "import".  I'm looking forward to the "Do you have anything to declare?" question.

My Airstream Dream started many years ago, a love affair with an ideal, socking away money for about 10 years, falling in love with one specific model.  The dream was realized when I found everything I was looking and exactly what I had fallen in love with several years ago in a 2008 - 16 foot International CCD Airstream Travel Trailer located less than an hour from where I once lived in California.  So with my friend Ed's help I bought her in  May 2012, named her Miss Perception and a few months later headed south and started my ROMP (Retrieval of Miss Perception) Tour north.  My travel has included a small cast of characters, Miss Perception (my Airstream), Ella (short for Dodgerella, my Dodge Durango) and GyPSy (my GPS).  You can enjoy some of the tales of my trip in previous posts and get to know some of the wonderful friends who helped me on my way.  We made it to Washington State where Miss Perception has been at summer camp, which has turned to fall camp and now winter camp at the Airstream Adventures Northwest dealership.  What a great bunch of people!  She's been patiently waiting for me to come back and get her.  I'm hoping this is the last countdown to her final homecoming.

T minus two days for departure!

I've taken Friday off work and will be setting out from

 Powell River that morning.  Typically I'm not a morning person but this IS a big dream come true so we'll see.  I'm about an hour's drive from the first ferry leaving Saltery Bay.  There's a 5:45am and a 7:25am ferry, I'm thinking 7:25am but if by chance I wake up excited at 4am, well... that's highly unlikely.  

I'll be off on the journey that starts a thousand journeys.  Living in Powell River every trip starts the same way.  A storybook gives you "Once Upon a Time" and Powell River gives you "Welcome to BC Ferries". I'll enjoy my 2 ferry rides and my drive-time as well.  Although it will be a long day, with ferries, driving, border crossing etc. I couldn't be happier, I love being on the road.  With a 7:25 start I should be able to make the dealership before they close at 5pm - maybe between 4:00 - 4:30 in optimal conditions.

Now the last minute lists start.  Paperwork for the border, passport, Nexus card.
Work clothes (pretty things) and work clothes (gettin' dirty)
Schedules and confirmations... meetings and dinners, is it too much to try and drop off my tax information next week too?  A flurry of organizing, packing, sorting and loading up Ella.  I'm glad I've got lots of room to pack whatever tickles my fancy.

I'll be staying in Vancouver for a week, I've got some work-related meetings and I'm hoping to catch up with some of my friends in the city as well.  I've made reservations for the week at the Capilano River RV Park right under the Lions Gate Bridge.  I chose this location because it's close to the city, allowing me to take the bus in for work.  I will have an open house aka open trailer for one or two nights while I'm there so anyone who's interested can come by and say hello.  I'll hit the road with Miss Perception heading back to Powell River on the following weekend bringing me back home to Powell River for the last 4 days of February.  

I have been patient.  I am ready.  I will take every moment as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment