Sunday, February 24, 2013

ROMP Tour - Conclusion


We had a sunny Saturday in Vancouver and it was delightful.  I was able to sleep in, run a few errands and make it back in time to have another couple of visitors.  Delphine and Phoebe came by to say hello and check out Miss Perception.  After a little visit Phoebe got a little bike ride in as well.  What a great, relaxing day.  The perfect way to spend a Saturday before heading home.  I had time to putter about, play a bit more with my hot water heater (I think I have it figured out now).

Here are two shots of the Lions Gate Bridge, one from above and then later, one from underneath.  I've been underneath this bridge on the south side (in Stanley Park) but this was the first time from the north side.   

Sunday came quickly after a relaxing evening in the trailer.  I made dinner, had a glass of wine and enjoyed the flowers Betty had given me.  The evening consisted of a few episodes of ABFAB while crocheting, very relaxing, cozy and perfect.  For me, the best part of any weekend is sleeping in and so I had a lazy Sunday morning.  When the time finally came I was puttering and sorting and cleaning up a few things and then I started the 1 hour countdown to departure. 

Admittedly I haven't figured everything out yet but I have a wonderful checklist from my friend Barb which was a great starting point.  I will have to create a Miss Perception checklist.   I had a few misses but none of them were too terribly detrimental.  These are great things to spend a bit of time on while I'm not traveling.  It will take time until everything comes naturally and automatically but I feel like I'm not doing too bad.  I was able to get the car lined up in about 5 tries which isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned. 
Finally it was "all systems go" and Ella pulled Miss Perception slowly out of our lovely space #42 at the Capilano River RV Park.  I found an easier way in/out of the park, I had originally come in off Taylor Way which was ok but a bit of tight turn into the park, I asked about it when I left and took the other exit under the Lions Gate over to Capilano Road (a lot of speed bumps but we made it).  We had an easy ride out to the ferry terminal in Horseshoe Bay the whole time enjoying Stuart McLean and the Vinyl Cafe on CBC.  I will be going to see him with my mom and friends a week from today when he'll be performing in Powell River.
The ride up to Powell River was uneventful in a good way.  The rain stopped for most of the way between Langdale and Earls Cove.  A drizzle started while waiting for the ferry but the time passed quickly with a wonderful chat with my music teacher Cam and another local who was interested in the Airstream. 
Life is exciting  when you get to do one new thing but for Miss Perception, she got to squeeze two first ferry rides into one day.   I'm happy to say that the ROMP tour concluded today.  Arriving safe and sound in the Townsite around 6pm I was unpacked and tucked Miss Perception into her new spot by 7pm.   It makes me happy that I can look out my window and see her, happens to be my bathroom window but she's within sight nonetheless.   
I have enjoyed every moment of the ROMP Tour and I'm extremely grateful for Ella being the star Dodge that she is, making the trip with Miss Perception a smooth one.  Cars and trailers, technology (GyPSy) and roadways... all make for great road trips but these things are like the flour and baking powder in a recipe, required but not very interesting on their own.  The spice of life is really the people - the supportive, helpful, interesting, friendly, unexpected and sometimes unpredictable encounters that make a day an experience.  Thank you to all my friends that helped me on my way, it's made this long haul and Chapter 1 of my Airstream Adventure  incredible. 

Things I figured this past week :
Where the water bleeder stops are for direct water connection (still need to dig into finding the one for the on-board water tank, it's under the bench seat).
Hot water heater (and the correct valve openings and plug closings)
My first full hook-ups
The awning without a step-stool (awesome!)
Moisture levels inside the trailer - they're not too bad.
The thermostat - there was a lot of hotter...colder...hotter...colder going on but finally I found the right setting.

Can you spot Miss Perception through the trees?     


                












There she is !!


3 comments:

  1. OMG you and miss are just TOO freakin cute!!! XOOX
    Love ya - D & T

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO EXCITING!!! I have just read your last few posts. I'm so glad everything went well especially at the border! I look forward to a tour very soon. Congrats Juhli! I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete