Friday, May 17, 2013

Inland Lake - but aren't all lakes inland?

The first weekend in May was one filled with fun and friends and camping.
Miss Perception and I headed out on Friday after work to Inland Lake (which used to be called Loon Lake).  A few things at work kept me late so I didn't make it up to the campsite til about 7:00pm but with the warm weather and long days it already felt like summer so there was still plenty of time.  When we arrived we were greeted by Barb and Pali who waved us into the campsite, Dave was probably reviewing his last hand of cards and knew Barb could guide me in.  They had found a nice big spot with plenty of room for their big RV (the Paliwagon), Miss P, and Ella along with another 4-5 cars that showed up over the course of the weekend (specifically Saturday evening) for a night of celebrating.  We were celebrating a couple of big "send offs" for Barb.  She's stepping down as the President of Toastmasters and I will be the incoming President; Barb, Dave and Pali are heading off into the great White North aka Canada for their cross country adventure all the way to Newfoundland.

A quiet Friday  night by the campfire was lovely, I headed into town Saturday morning to setup WitsEnd Wonders at the Farmers Market and then as soon as I could make it back up I headed back to "home for the weekend".  We decided to go for a nice paddle and brought our kayaks to the water's edge and headed out for a fun, relaxing and gorgeous paddle on the lake.  We must have been out for about 2 hours but I felt like I could stay out there forever.  We had company coming so we headed back.  There was a campsite full of friends and family of friends that evening.  A truly loving send-off for Barb and Dave. 


There were guitars and ukulele's out, people playing, singing, listening and just having a good time.  There were hot dogs being roasted over the campfire and even a decadent roasted dog wrapped and grilled to crispy perfection - there was a lot of bacon over the campfire that night.

Miss P and I had our first guest that evening, Sharon stayed over instead of setting up a tent - it was some kind of lovely to have company in the Airstream!!  Small quarters but we both had plenty of room and had a warm cozy sleep. 

Sunday morning was slipping away as we slept in, Barb brought coffee over and made a wonderful pancake breakfast.  I headed back into town for the market and by the time I got back in the afternoon everyone had cleared out.  I went for a walk,








decided I wanted to be on the water instead so I headed back and went out on the lake, I didn't quite make it all the way around but I did get waay up there.  I tooled around edges enjoying all the fallen trees that look like under water pick-up-sticks
and then headed to the middle of the lake to find a very cool sign popping out. 











I also noticed that it was sticking out of a sand bar that was only a few feet down, the lake is otherwise deep so it was very intriguing to see the bottom right in the middle of the lake.










I was out there for almost 4 hours and then headed back in.  I got changed, grabbed my ukulele and sparked up a campfire.  I could have gone home right then but I didn't want the weekend to end so I hooked up the trailer, got everything ready to go, boat and bike put away and then I settled into a relaxing campfire.  I could have gone home at 7pm or 8pm or 9pm but I just stayed and stayed.  I finally pulled out of there under the cover of darkness at about 9:30pm  It was a spectacular weekend and had such an amazing time.




Every moment I spend in my Airstream is a gift and I appreciate every trip I can make.  I've dreamed about this reality for a long time and I'm very aware of how lucky I am to be able to live in it.

There's another camping trip coming up soon, heading out to Garnet Rock to relax over the long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. what a perfect weekend Juhli! I'm sorry we didn't make it up to visit. Maybe we'll stop by Garnet this weekend to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you were kayaking, too, Juhli! What fun to be out on the water in the beauty peace, and natural sounds / quiet.

    SO happy for you that you are truly enjoying *your* Airstream Dream!

    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete