Sunday, April 7, 2013

You know what rocks - Boondocking !

Saltery Bay
Since arriving in Powell River, BC with Miss Perception (my Airstream) I have had a couple of great weekends camping in the exceptional beauty we have at our doorsteps.  Two weekends included "boondocking" or camping with no hook-ups.

In March I was able to boondock twice, once at Saltery Bay and then again at Okeover Arm.

On my trip up from California I was able to boondock several times, at friends' places and rest stops.

Okeover Arm
Fort Bragg at the D&D B&B

Leaving the D&D B&B

Rest Area Northern California

At a friend's in Langley, BC


Next year I plan on taking Miss Perception on the road, beyond the borders of Powell River, which means ferry rides and gas money, but one thing that it doesn't have to mean is expensive accommodations.  Last year I joined Boondockers Welcome and they offer a flavour of "couch surfing" for RVers.  If you have a spot to let someone park you can list it, if you need a spot to overnight you can look for someone en route.

 If you like to travel and would like to get involved with Boondockers Welcome I've got a special discount code for you:  TRVLBLOGSPECIAL  this will get you 10% off your membership but hurry the offer ends May 15th, 2013.

Miss P and I stayed home this weekend but that just means that we get to go out again soon.  I love camping in my little 16 foot Airstream International CCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment