Friday, July 12, 2013

Seabreeze with no breeze

Happy Canada Day!! We had our first long weekend of the summer celebrating Canada Day on July 1.  Canada's been "Canada" for 146 years - good to know because 2017 is going to be crazy !!

Miss P in her happy spot for the weekend
Big sky down at the beach
My friend Andy was camping out at Kent's Beach and I had tried to get a spot out there but they were sold out so I'll camp at Kent's Beach another time.  Lotus and the Wildflower had a private party to play at on Saturday night so I decided to find a campsite close to our venue which happened to be near Palm Beach so the natural choice was Seabreeze.  They had some space available so Miss Perception and I headed out on Friday after work to check out a campsite that I had never ever stopped at in all my years of driving by the big Seabreeze sign in Lang Bay.  Luckily Miss P is a little girl and quite maneuverable as my confidence in backing her up continues to increase.  With  lots of spaces available I was able to back into a wonderful spot under a tall canopy of trees with the hookups literally peeking out from a loamy, mossy ground.  Delightfully whimsical.

Ocean view from the parking lot
Getting closer to the ocean

The weather this weekend was hot, hot, hot and peeping out of the ground was a seriously awesome 30amp plug - you may ask what's the big deal, well with 30amps I can plug in my air conditioning.  My AC had not been run since I bought Miss P and I've wanted an excuse to check it out, this would be the perfect weekend.  What did I find out?  Well a few cool facts:  AC works well,  I ran it for about 20 minutes before heading to bed and things stayed comfy all night, the thoughtful folks at Airstream also build in a little drainage tube that drips down by the left tire, how civilized!  Once the humidity is pulled out, the trailer stays comfy for hours, if I let the AC run on low you need to put socks on after about 30 minutes.  It works better than expected.

At the water's edge looking back up at Seabreeze Resort
Tiny baby waves with Texada Island in the background
I spent two hours on each Saturday and Sunday at the farmers market selling my crochet creations I always enjoy my time at the market.  After running some errands on Saturday I ended up having just enough time to make it back to the campsite to change and then get ready for our party and performance.  Fun times!!  When I got back to the campsite my neighbours had a campfire going and we started chatting, it turned into a fun evening of stories and songs around the campfire with (a different) Andy and Elaina with their two dogs.  On Sunday I headed out to Kents Beach to visit with my friend Andy and got  myself booked in for another long weekend.  Excellent.  I'm looking forward to spending some relaxing times at Kents Beach in the future.


Creek crossing before heading back up to campsite
A busy weekend is great and I'm happy with every chance I get to camp but this weekend was a long one so I had that extra day (Monday) for sleeping in and relaxing as well as having some company.  My friend Mariah came out for a visit, we had a time, scavenged on the beach for a while and enjoyed the big beautiful sky, the gorgeous shorelines and stories of growing up just next door.  Loved every minute of our beach time but I think we were both happy to make it back to the trailer, put up our feet and turn up the AC and have a snack together.




Blackberries were in bloom


Clam shell with heart "footprint" (where clam attaches to the shell)


Early Monday evening  I packed things up, hooked up Miss P and was ready to go.  I then settled back down at the campfire and relaxed with Andy & Elaina and our other neighbour Darren.  We had a great visit and then after 10:30pm I jumped in the car and headed home.  This has become my new routine, get ready to leave and then relax for a few more hours so that when the time does eventually come, I only need to close up my chair and turn the key in the engine.  It works well and when I'm not rushed I tend to remember everything.



"Kampers" Kitchen and covered dining area
A few things to consider when staying at Seabreeze:


  • Full hook-ups are available "glamping time"
  • There is a huge covered communal outdoor kitchen that makes cooking/cleaning up after a big group quite easy.  It includes a covered picnic table area and is nicely appointed with a woodstove as well as a sink for cleanup and a lovely balcony overlooking a pond surrounded by amazing gardens and forest.  Tranquil and relaxing.
  • Bathrooms are clean and close to the campsites.  There is a laundrymat as well.
  • The campsites are side by side but there's enough space to spread out and not feel like you're on top of eachother.  All the campsites are in a grove of mature trees about 100 ft from the road providing plenty of shade during the warm days.
  • It's about a 3-4 minute walk down to the beach, it's a lovely walk in a farm-type setting with a few ducks waddling around and several horses in the surrounding fields as well as some sheep.   The ocean access is not conducive to launching any type of boat, even with my inflatable kayak it would be difficult as the parking lot still requires a long downhill walk past the cabins, then through a small trail and over some driftwood logs that make a temporary bridge over a small creek.   The beach is flat and when the tide is out there is plenty of beach to wander on, making it perfect for a relaxing walk along the shoreline and scavenging for treasures.
  • The owners are very friendly, helpful and sweet.  They came by to check on everyone in the evening to make sure everything was ok and everyone was happy - extremely considerate and kind.
    Fire burning cook top


    Covered dining area with plenty of picnic tables

    Boardwalk gardens that meander around a pond

    Peaceful creek that runs through Seabreeze Resort and down to the beach

1 comment:

  1. The Seabreeze looks lovely. I have never ever been there either. Perhaps one day!

    ReplyDelete